Tuesday, August 22, 2006

First couple days

I've now had some "real" law school experience under my belt and I must say, I LOVE it. Yes, it's hard work (and A LOT of it), but I really do enjoy it. I've been getting up by 7 to get to campus by 8, reading/working on briefs about 6-8 hours a day (excluding Sunday) and yet it's one of the most enjoyable experience I've had in my life (where work is involved).

I've also learned that you really have no idea what you want to do before you come to law school. I really wanted to be a judge (preferably federal, but I'd happily take state), but here I am 2 days into it questioning if I really do want to be a judge.

Based on the few cases I've read thus far, I think I'm going to enjoy property the most of the subjects I have this semester. Note that I said subjects, not classes. Classes are a whole other case and since I've not been in enough classes w/my professors, I'll not pass judgment on them just yet. At least nothing I'm willing to put down officially.

On another note, I LOVE SD also. Little to no traffic (by LA and Bay Area standards), pretty close to the beach (and they're great beaches), the people are terrific, etc., etc., etc.

I definitely plan on being more involved than I was as an UG. Club fair thing is on Thursday and I will certainly be on the e-mail list to AT LEAST one of them. Alright, babbled enough for the time being, giant nap time (a.k.a. sleep).

1 Comments:

Blogger GalvestonLawyer said...

Talk to me about how much you like property after you encounter such fun things like the Rule Against Perpetuities and future interests in general.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home