Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It's official

I am a 1L at USD. For those of you that don't quite get what I mean by that, registration was today. If you still don't get it, I am now a registered student at the University of San Diego School of Law. If you still don't understand that, I really don't know how to help you any further, but feel free to ask.

Got my schedule, it's not too bad at all. In fact, I rather like the schedule. What I didn't like, however, was the amount charged to my credit card today at the bookstore. $598.81 for four classes seems rather extravagant to me. I'm used to the under $50 avg. per class my former major (philosophy) allowed. I considered getting some of the books from Craigslist at a much cheaper price, with the catch being they're used and already been written/highlighted in. Came close to pulling the trigger, but I really despise having writing in my books and figured that the money saved would be a relative drop-in-the-bucket compared to the total cost of law school. Conclusion: Screw the $, I'm going with what I like. Such a change from the beginning of my college career where I sought out books which were already highlighted so that I wouldn't have to do it myself. It took several classes to learn that you'd have to hope and assume that the person whose book it was knew what they were doing.

Alright, back to work. Would hate to look like a jackass in orientation, the earliest possible time to look like a jackass in front of your section (I believe).

1 Comments:

Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

Sweet! I was a philosophy major, too. I'm a 3L at UW-Madison now. Good luck!

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home