Sunday, July 23, 2006

All new

I decided to start blogging my experience through law school. I'm starting a bit prematurely, but at the same time it's also not premature. Three weeks before classes actually start and a little less than a week before I move to San Diego seems like a perfectly appropriate time for me to begin blogging my experiences. I think I'll send the link to the guy who collects law student blogs.

The last couple months have been great, greatly aided by the lucky (and yet unluck) coincidence that is having my old car stolen and my new car getting hit. Being jobless is not as lucritive as some would have you believe and both these experiences have greatly aided my financial situation. I've been able to pay off a large chunk of what I owe and at the same time have a lot more money to enjoy my last few precious weeks prior to the rest of my life (which, as you may have guessed, will be surrounded by one common theme, "The Law").

I think my soon-to-be roommates are/will be cool to live with and at the very least I hope so. At least I have my own room while I live with two other guys this time. The first time was not quite as pleasant. You'd be surprised how cramped a double converted to a triple dorm room is. Ok, maybe not that surprised if you've ever been through the dorm experience.

I've taken up jazz a little bit as I believe it to be "good" studying music for the undoubtedly countless hours I will spend in the library, cafes and various other "places of study." Note that I purposely left out my room. Studying at home has never been my strong suit and I don't expect that to suddenly change. In any case, I ordered a nice chair for my room anyways, just for those days where spending hours in front of my desk and on my own chair seem to be a plausible good idea. I have to thank Mr. Kory for the experience I had there. At the very least I figured out which office chair is good in my price range.

Ok, so this post hasn't been so law school related, but hopefully that will change when classes actually start. Cross your fingers kids, otherwise this may become as useless as a condom to the 40-year-old virgin. That's all for this first installment of USD Law, not very USD or Law at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home