Friday, August 04, 2006

Settled

I think today I can finally consider myself "settled" in San Diego. It would have happened earlier, but my surfboard was in a shop in Santa Monica due to an unfortunate dropping incident two weeks ago. I picked it up yesterday, did some surfing and now have my board here, watertight and all. With it, I am settled in. Well, that and the fact that my organizing efforts are now about 95% complete.

So I think I'll take some time out to explain the title of the little shindig. Having gone to the UG that I went to I was surrounded by a bunch of overachievers who probably never saw a B until they hit the UG. I, on the other hand, had seen the full spectrum. Well, almost. All but an F, I did briefly see an F for a few months but found out the next school year that there was a mistake and I actually got a D-. I had the same teacher and she informed me of the error when I saw her again in the Fall. Thus far in my life I've always been an underacheiver, just one that did enough to get what he needed/wanted to. I'm going to put in my best efforts to change that in the upcoming months/years and, hopefully, it will lead to better things in life that would have never been had I chosen to remain the underachieving fool that I've always been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home