Friday, January 19, 2007

first week #2

Hmm, first week of law school. Yet again. Sadly I think I'm off to a worse start this semester than I was last semester. It's like my brain went through a brain fart during the break and I just can't focus. Well, I guess it's good that it's getting a little better now. I fell a little behind, but nothing too horrible. I TRIED so hard to pay attention in crim. I really really did. I just couldn't. Other than that, things are going more or less as expected. I guess. Except the concentration and reading part. I thought it would be easier this time around. It's not. Maybe it is the increased workload. I'm not so sure. Whatever, I'm a little behind in crim, that's not so bad. The case should be a quick read even though it's freaking long.

Moving on. So I decided this week to try to distance myself from njkg a little bit. I mean, I really don't want to get any more attached than I already am considering that she's taken and all. So far, if I had to put a success rate on it on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being successful) I'd give it a 2. I thought I was at the 7 or 8 range, then she called me today. Actually, she IMed me first and said good bye. So I thought ok, good bye. Then 30 seconds later I get a call. Hmm, quite out of the ordinary for her. So yea, sadly, that made my day. Probably because I didn't see her today and didn't expect to talk to her (since I wasn't planning on calling her). So yea, I went from feeling like a 7 or 8 right on down to a 2. I'm so freaking gullible. I get sucked in way too easily.

Hmm, what else is going on? I decided, finally, that I'm gonna try to quit smoking. Seriously. I've said it like a million times since school started, but I actually do mean it this time. I'm off to an ok start. I think it helps a lot that I actually have different motivation for it this time. Namely, njkg. She's not super anti-smoking, but she sure as hell ain't a huge proponent of it. Yea yea, getting distanced from her and I go and quit for her. Well, in all honesty, she's a good reason for me to quit and it's a good opportunity for me to do so. God knows when's the next time I'd want to/be willing to quit for a girl. I sure as hell won't do it just for myself. I'm really just using her as an excuse to do it for myself.

Alright, that's all I have for now. I guess I'll have to post more later.

Oh, and buying books online? TOTALLY worth it. Like, TOTALLY (and yes, valley girl voice and all).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home