Monday, August 20, 2007

time to kill

I gots (I don't 'have' some, I gots some) some time to kill so I thought I'd post. School has officially started. Granted not for me since my first class hasn't started yet. Anyways.

Orientation. First day the 1Ls all (ok, almost all) looked really nervous. Like, REALLY nervous. I wonder if we were like this last year. I guess there's no way to know since I was on the other end of it last year. The second day they were a lot relaxed. Maybe the booze they got at the end of their first day calmed them down. Or maybe they realized that they were all in for yet another day of speeches and listening to speeches and thus were pre-sedated. Either way, they were calm. It's funny that by the end of the first day, you can already see the little cliques forming. Wonder if it'll hold up throughout the year. I'm willing to bet my life at least a good half of them will. People often ask us "what do you get for volunteering for orientation?" The reply? A free t-shirt. Yes, that's right. We all did it for the free t-shirt (sarcasm btw, doesn't translate too well on paper). One thing that DID suck about volunteering for orientation was that it sucked the time right out from under me so I wasn't able to go surf like I would have wanted. Other than that, volunteering for it was fun and I'll probably do it again next year if I can.

The book exchange went OFF. LOTS of books being sold for good money. I actually wasn't planning on selling my casebooks but it turned out that I was able to get decent money for them so I went ahead and sold them. Well, I think they sold. At least most of the ones that were actually being used this semester. Probably find out in a week.

So OCI is done. I finished a day early since I knew I couldn't work on them the day they were due. Threw out A BUNCH of applications. Hope I get SOMETHING back. Here's to wishful thinking.

So the White Party was fun. Partying with some people you've not really seen all summer when you've grown accustomed to seeing them pretty much every day. It got pretty packed, but it was still fun nonetheless.

I guess that's all. School's started. Got a hell of a lot of reading again. Sigh. Summer = too short =(.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home