Monday, August 13, 2007

oci

The OCI process blows. For those that don't know, OCI = on campus interview. Ok, ok, I'm biased. I hate all things related to job searches. Especially cover letters. I absolutely despise them. Oh well, can't get away from them.

The MPRE was WAAAAAAAAY harder than the sample tests provided by Barbri. I'm pretty sure I passed. I mean, we need a scaled score of 79 when the scale is from 50 to 150 with 100 being the average. Basically, it's not easy to not pass. Doable, but not easy. Obviously, I'm going to be PISSED (and ashamed) if I don't pass.

Oh, and friken loans suck. Apparently, one of my loans wasn't disbursed because I "didn't" sign my master promissory note. "Didn't" is in quotes because, well, I signed it last year. So maybe I have to do it ever year for that lender. So I called the lender in the morning, at which time I was told that they didn't have my MPN or even whether or not the school certified my loan. Ok, that's fine, I sign the MPN and call later in the afternoon to make sure it's done, at which time I was informed "oh, your MPN is signed and has been signed, I really don't know why your loans weren't disbursed already." -___- Seriously? First I'm told I don't have it. Then I'm told they don't really know if I have it. Then I'm told I've had it all along??? WAT THE FUCK? Normally, it wouldn't be such a big deal, but PEOPLE, I NEED MY FIN AID!!! I guess the only bright side is that the only competent person I talked to was (obviously) the last person I talked to and thankfully she was willing to take steps that weren't even necessary. So I'll find out tomorrow wtf is going on.

Other than that? Surfing (of course). Got my board back! SOOOOOOO glad it didn't ACTUALLY take 2 weeks. Only 1. Love my board =). But did have the opportunity to try another board the other day (a shorter, but quite thick, one) and I liked it. A LOT. So the hunt is on for a board. Again. I know, what else is new right?

Oh! First day of reading for upper div classes? CRAZY! Like, seriously! The 2 classes that I know for sure the assignment for are the equivalent of a week of what I did a year ago. Not cool man, not cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home